Job ID: 138380479
1 - 3 years
Assists pharmacists with preparing and dispensing of medications for long term care facilities. (i.e. nursing homes and assisted living facilities)
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMETNS
2 years pharmacy experience (or equivalent) or graduate from a certified technician program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of oral solids, liquid medications in unit-dose packaging, medi-dose cups or bingo cards.
- Preparation of sterile IV admixtures such as parenteral nutrition, chemotherapy, antibiotics, hydration, narcotic analgesics, using aseptic technique.
- Generates labels and worksheets necessary for production and preparation of compounded products.
- Assists in procuring pharmaceuticals and ancillary supplies for long-term care patients in accordance with the dispensing order (pick list) under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Proper packaging and labeling of products and subsequent storage prior to shipment to the patient.
- Assists with daily, weekly and Quality Assurance activities, (i.e. outdated drug log, refrigerator temperature record form, sterility testing, etc.).
- Participates in the coordination and scheduling the process and delivery of patient orders with the pharmacist.
- Assists in the inventory management and scheduled inventory counts.
- Receives and stores incoming products and supplies, including counting, and stocking, and entering computer data.
- Participates in the development and achievement of continuous quality improvement.
- Attends department meetings as required.
- Gathers appropriate information to properly fill a residents’ prescriptions.
- Maintains accurate records of medication and equipment dispensed to residents.
- Enters accurate patient data into the pharmacy software (if applicable)
- Promotes teamwork through cooperation and communication to attain company and departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent
Active Pharmacy Technician License with the Arkansas State Board of Pharmacy
Must be able to work 1-9:30 PM with some weekends and Holidays.